Ten Tips to Speed Up Your Home Inspection
Speed up your home sale by preparing your home ahead of time using the following tips.
Your home inspection will go smoother, with fewer concerns to delay closing.
- Confirm that that the water, electrical and gas services are turned on (including pilot lights).
- Make sure your pets won’t hinder your home inspection. Ideally, they should be removed from the premises or secured outside.
- Tell your agent about any pets at home.Replace burned-out light bulbs to avoid a “light is inoperable” report that may suggest an electrical problem.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace dead batteries.
- Clean or replace dirty HVAC air filters. They should fit securely.Remove stored items, debris, and wood from the foundation.
- Remove items blocking access to HVAC equipment, electrical service panels, the water heater, attic, and crawlspace.
- Unlock any locked areas that your home inspector must access, such as the attic door or hatch, the electrical service panel, the door to the basement, and any exterior gates.
- Trim tree limbs so that they’re at least 10 feet away from the roof. Trim any shrubs that are too close to the house and can hide pests or hold moisture against the exterior.
- Repair or replace any broken or missing items, such as doorknobs, locks or latches, windowpanes or screens, gutters or downspouts, or chimney caps.Checking these areas before your home inspection is an investment in selling your property. Your real estate inspector and agent will thank you!
Call us to find out how we can help you whether you are buying, selling or just want to know what is going on with your home. 512-296-2376
or, visit our site to learn more. Your ServusPartners
Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Warning