Top 10 List of What I have Found After Building Inspectors and Your Brother-in-Law Already Approved the House
1. Electrical main feed conductor coming loose
2. Wrong breaker size for major systems
3. The electrical panel that will always need further evaluation by an electrician and should be replaced
Federal Pacific Electric (FPE) PanelsZinsco PanelsSplit-bus electrical panelsFuse boxes
4. CSST gas lines not bonded
5. Roofs designed incorrectly, and accumulating water and bringing moisture into a hidden part of the house
6. Poorly engineered roof structure that is starting to show ceiling pops.
7. Windows that aren’t foggy but still have lost their seal and will show when the weather changes.
8. Moisture stains on ceilings that have been painted but show stains still above in the attic.
9. Grading that looks okay but has caused moisture in crawlspaces.
10. Windows in bedrooms throughout the house that have been altered to prevent opening more than 4 inches and will need to be replaced to resolve.
If we can help, give us a call. We love working with investors and flippers to help buy or prepare to sell. Call 512-771-5155
We also offer commercial and multi-family inspections. Check us out at Commercial Inspections.